DX Racer Wide Series Gaming Chair Review – Worthy Purchase?
DX Racer Wide Series gaming chairs offer a unique seating experience while maintaining a balance between ergonomics and comfort. The material used in the seat of the Wide series is a high-density, extremely durable, cold foam that stays in good shape even after long hours of use.
The multi-functional control unit and the three-dimensional armrests makes it possible to find the perfect seating position and to improve your posture. The solidly welded steel frame, SGS certified gas lift, and the aluminum star base handles weights up to 130 kg (approx. 287 lbs).
Thanks to a superior quality of chair components as well as ergonomic design DXRacer W series chair will live up to the high standards of many gamers.
DX Racer Wide Series Review
The DX Racer W series was formerly called M series. The W chair should take about 20 minutes to set up. Assembly is easy, and if you get stuck, there is manual to help you. You’ll notice on set up that the chair fabric is cut crudely with a knife for screw hole openings. This doesn’t actually affect anything.
The neck pillow fits really well and is comfortable however it can slip easily, so you’ll have to re-adjust it often. The back pillow is pretty bulky, but it does its job well. You can lean back 90 degrees, and the chair will have no problem in holding your weight.
The chair is heavy, and the quality can be seen right away. The chair tilt lock positions option gives you the opportunity to take the pressure off of the lower back.
It also has a tilt lock in case you want to “rock” in the chair. In the upright position, the chair is made for maintaining good posture. You can sit straight without the general discomfort you’d feel from a regular office chair. The PU fabric feels good and breathable. The base is also very stable and big.
The rollers are wide, and you will have no fear of scratching the hardwood. The armrests sit too low to the point of actual uncomfort. The arm rests should match the average height of an average desk and be able to go higher so that the elbow and arm can rest on the arm rest while controlling the mouse on the desk.
DX Racer Wide Series Features
The WIDE-Series will give gamers a comfortable and qualitative gaming chair. The chairs are equipped with extra padding and have a 3D sliding armrest for that extra adjustability.
The chairs are made for long gaming sessions and have a wide base with stronger fundament. DXRacer chairs are manufactured under strict quality standards to offer our customers the ultimate level of luxury and comfort.
Although these chairs were originally designed to heighten the gaming experience they have become an excellent choice for working and relaxing too.
Here are some of the features Wide series DXRacer gaming chairs:
- All the accessories have passed 72 strict quality tests.
- The hydraulic unit is imported from Germany and passes stringent SGS and exceeds International standards.
- The height and angle of the chair can be adjusted to any degree.
- The DXRACER chair has a full-size frame inside.
- Footrest-shaped base
- Raise and Lower, Specially designed handle
- Armrest is soft, pleasant to touch and comfortable
- Large angle adjuster
- Multi-directional ergonomic design
- Rocking function
Unlike most office chairs on the market, the DXRacer chair has a higher backrest to support the entirety of your spinal column, from pelvis to neck. They offer a stable metal five-point base with a gas spring, allowing the user to adjust for varying heights.
DX Racer Wide Series Specifications
- Style Name: Wide Series
- Chair Type: Office Chair
- Foam Type: High-Density Mould Shaping Foam
- Foam Density: 54 kg/m³
- Frame Color: Black
- Frame Construction: Metal
- Chair Cover Material: Perforated Vinyl and PU
- Adjustable Armrests: 3D (SP/0148/N)
- Armrest Pad Size: 9.8″L x 3.5″W
- Mechanism Type: Conventional Tilt (SP/0201/N)
- Adjustable Tilt Angle: 3~17(SP/0201/N)
- Tilt Lock: Yes
- Tilt Angle Lock: Yes
- Gas Lift Specification: 100/60(SP/0311/N)
- Gas Lift Class: 4
- Chair/Seat Back Style: High-back
- Adjustable Back Angle: 135
- Adjustable Lumbar Cushion: Yes
- Adjustable Headrest: Yes
- Base Type: 5-star Wide Aluminum Base (SP/0405/N)
- Caster Size & Material: 3″ Caster/PU (SP/0704/N)
- Assembly Required: Yes
- Seat Size: 19″W(Front) x 19.5″W (Back) x 21″W (Middle) x 21″D
- Maximum Seat Height: 18″
- Minimum Seat Height: 15″
- Maximum Arm Height: 29″
- Minimum Arm Height: 22.5″
- Backrest Height: 32.5″
- Backrest Shoulder Width: 20″
- Package Size: 34.65″L x 27.56″W x 14.57″H
- Net Weight (Approximate): 57.32lb/26kg
- Gross Weight: 68.34lb / 31kg
- Warranty Length: 2-year for Accessories, Lifetime for Frame
- Weight Capacity: <200 lb/90.7 kg
- Height of Recommended User: <5’9″/1.75m
- BMI of Recommended User: <25
- Eco-conscious: Less Harsh Chemicals/REACH Certificate
- Meets/Exceeds ANSI/BIFMA Standards: Yes
What do the chair model numbers really mean? One of the most common questions is what exactly do model numbers mean on any of DX Racer chairs. Well here’s the answer for you:
DX Racer Wide Series Final Words
The Wide series weighs about 65 lbs. It is heavier than most chairs you will come across. It is good as you will not have a feeling like you will break the chair when you throw yourself in it.
The Wide series chair goes almost all the way back if you need to take a quick nap or need a break from gaming.
Compared to most office chairs Wide series is comfortable and soft. For anyone that is serious about their gameplay or just wants the best DXRacer then the Wide series is a good choice.